Thursday, March 4, 2010

Persuaded

I'm a fool for Jane Austen. I could probably name a hundred songs that remind me of one book or another of hers (so can a lot of other people). My favorite Austen book, however, is "Persuasion."

It's the story of a man and woman desperately in love but forced apart by the pressure of her family.

Daniel Bedingfield says it best in his song "If You're Not the One":

"If you're not for me, then why do I dream of you as my wife?

I don't know why you're so far away
But I know that this much is true
We'll make it through and I hope
You are the one I share my life with

And I wish that you could be the one I die with
And I pray that you're the one I build my home with
I hope I love you all my life

I don't wanna run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you, then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there anyway that I can stay in your arms?"




Book: Persuasion by Jane Austen
Music: If You're Not the One by Daniel Bedingfield

1 comment:

Cari Hislop said...

No I do know this song...I bought this as a single. It's a good match!

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails