Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shattered-Sparks

The first time I read "Message in a Bottle" by Nicholas Sparks was about ten years ago. So it was a little startling to me when I was listening to the radio the other day and heard a song that immediately brought the book to mind. It's amazing how much a book can stick with you.

From the book:

"He was in the middle of the road now, running behind the car, his feet splashing through the puddles that had already begun to form. The brake lights blinked for a second, then steadied as the car came to a halt. Rain and mist swirled around it, making it look like a mirage. Garrett knew she was watching him in the rear-view mirror, watching him close the distance. There's still a chance..."

The song:
OAR's Shattered:

"Stumble out, in the night 
From the pouring rain 
Made the block, sat and thought 
There's more I need 
It's always back to you. . .

How many times can I break till I shatter? 
Over the line can't define what I'm after 
I always turn the car around 
Give me a break let me make my own pattern 
All that it takes is some time but I'm shattered 
I always turn the car around "


Book: Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks
Music: Shattered by OAR (Of A Revolution)

No comments:

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails