Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Shallow Day

And in this corner, in the category of songs inspired by books...

I think it was my sister who first sent me a link to this video by Shallow Day. We both enjoy Twilight, but not so much that we can't laugh at some of the sillier aspects of the series and its fans. This song, expressing a husband's dismay over his wife's obsession with Edward and Jacob, tickled both of us.

"Twilight, what have you done to my wife?
She’s got the hots for teenage boys and thinks it’s alright
Twilight, you caught us all by surprise
My wife is a zombie that you’ve hypnotized

Every time she sees Edward she says “oh yeah”
Every time she sees Jacob she says “oh yeah”
Every time she sees Bella she says “I wish I were her”
Every time she says me she says “oh my gosh”

Twilight, what have you done to my wife?
Refuses to sleep, reads her books all night
Twilight, what have you done to my wife?
Now all she wants is the vampire life"
Twilight (what have you done to my wife?), Shallow Day



Books: Twilight, Stephenie Meyer
Music: Twilight (What have you done to my wife?), Shallow Day

No comments:

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails