Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Like Animals

The Story of Doctor Dolittle (Yearling Book)"John, how can you expect sick people to come and see you when you keep all these animals in the house? It's a fine doctor would have his parlor full of hedgehogs and mice! That's the fourth personage these animals have driven away. Squire Jenkins and the Parson say they wouldn't come near your house again--no matter how sick they are. We are getting poorer every day. If you go on like this, none of the best people will have you for a doctor."

"But I like the animals better than the `best people'," said the Doctor.


This song combination was so perfect that I had to check to make sure I wasn't unconsciously plagiarizing someone else's idea. But, no, Savage Garden's The Animal Song was never used in any of Eddie Murphy's Doctor Dolittle movies.

The Animal Song"I've been having difficulties keeping to myself
Feelings and emotions better left up on the shelf
Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie
Which one is more human
There's a thought, now you decide

Cause I want to live like animals
Careless and free like animals
I want to live
I want to run through the jungle
the wind in my hair and the sand at my feet"



Books: The Story of Dr. Dolittle, Hugh Lofting
Music: The Animal Song, Savage Garden

No comments:

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails