Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Wish-list: The Book of Qualities

Wish-list? Forget the wish-list! My next few Friday posts will have nothing to do with wishes, believe me. Christmas is coming. This is a full-on Christmas present demand list. So, dear family of mine - take notes!

The Book of QualitiesI just ran across a review of J. Ruth Gendler's The Book of Qualities and wow! WANT. Very much. We're talking instant book lust.

As I understand it, if emotions/qualities were people, this book is a list of their character descriptions. Taken from the two sample pages up on Gendler's website:
Pleasure is wild and sweet. She likes purple flowers... Many people mistrust Pleasure, and even more misunderstand her. For a long time I could hardly stand to be in the same room with her.

Courage has roots... She is not impressed with powertrippers, and she knows first aid... The people who told me she is stern were not lying, they just forgot to mention that she is kind.
Other bits I've picked up from various reviews: Terror keeps a long list of rules on her living room wall. Whimsy organizes her clothing by color. Pain has cold grey fingers. Excitement wears orange socks. Depression is the child of Lethargy and Despair.

I can't wait to read this!. This book is at the very top of my Christmas list. (Did you hear that family? The Very Top.)

What books are on your Christmas list?

Friday Wishlist



 Books: The Book of Qualities, J. Ruth Gendler

1 comment:

Cari Hislop said...

So what happens if you end up with three copies of the coveted book?

Ah, Christmas gift dilemmas!

I solved mine by buying myself what I really want for Christmas. That way if I don't have a happy Christmas I can only blame myself!

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails