Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Wishlist: Nine Coaches Waiting

This morning I sat here staring at my computer as my roommate walked past.

"I don't know what book to write about." I said in despair.

"How about 'Nine Coaches Waiting' by Mary Stewart?" she chimed.

"What's that about?"

"It's about this girl who goes to be Governess of a wealthy French family. The parents are dead so the uncle takes care of the boy, who's heir to a huge estate. So then things start happening to the little boy and it becomes clear someone's trying to off him."

I wrinkled my nose.

Nine Coaches Waiting"It's a love story." She reassured me.

"Set in what time period?"

"The right one."

"Like old, with fun dresses?" I prodded.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes."

So that's what I'm going to read next.

Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart.

Here's the official review:
The opulence and history surrounding Linda Martin at ChateÂu Valmy are all part of some wondrous, ecstatic dream. But there is a palpable terror crouching in the shadows. And then an accident that is no accident nearly kills the young English nanny's innocent, nine-year-old charge.
This is not "chance" -- this is something planned...and deadly.-Publisher's Review
I'm still a little wary. I just finished a book called Flint by Paul Eddy and I was less than pleased so my patience with murder mysteries is running thin.

However, this particular friend of mine gives good book recommendations so I can't really argue with her. Have you read it? What did you think?

----
Books: Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart
            Flint by Paul Eddy


Grab your own from the sidebar!

It's your turn to show us what your going to read! Grab a button and link up.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE Nine Coaches Waiting! It's not a mystery, though, it's a gothic romance. Who's trying to kill the adorable little boy? Is it the devastatingly attractive man she is falling in love with?

One of the earliest romances I read (I snagged Mom's copy). I used to dream about it when I was a teenager. *sigh* Happy memories. :)

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails