Monday, November 1, 2010

What I'm Reading Monday


I came across this meme this morning (between running and re-running my kids to school) and thought... 'Hey, I'm reading a book!'

So why not participate?

Alright... This weekend I was dying for a book. I think it had been a full week since I had something to cozy up to and I really needed a fix. So I did what any person in my situation would do--I begged my 9 year old to go to the library with me.

I came back with three books.
Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce (an old favorite of mine)
Flint by Paul Eddy (recommended by Nancy Pearl)
Troy by Adele Geras (randomly picked up because it had a nice cover)

I'm half way through Trickster's Choice. I'm enjoying every the, though, & this and when I'm finished I may or may not return the other two books and get Trickster's Queen.

::sigh:: I love reading.

What are you reading?

---------

Books in this post:
Trickster's Choice & Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce
Flint by Paul Eddy
Troy by Adele Geras

8 comments:

Teacher/Learner said...

This is a great meme to share the week's reading plans with everyone & find new followers!

Nice finds :) Here's mine. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

I am reading Trophy Bride

Missy Salsa said...

I'm reading Sick City by Tony O'Neill. I read Down and Out on Murder Mile and loved it! I tend to lean to darker books but love all genres :) Recommendations are welcome :)

thegirlhassparke said...

I am currently reading The Girl who kicked the Hornets Nest, excited to be finishing the trilogy.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

LOVE the post and so glad you joined in today :) Tricksters Choice sounds interesting and now I must go look it up :)

Have a super week!

Jaleh D said...

I'm reading the pathetic words coming out of my fingers this month. Occasionally, some brief bits of my favorite well-read books, like Pegasus in Space.

Cannwin said...

@Jaleh,
Are you Nano-ing?!

@Sheila, if you are interested in Trickster's Choice you will need to read some other books as well. (I suppose you could read it out of order-- I did the first time-- but it is far less confusing if you don't)

Tamora Pierce writes several series all set in the same world (key word to look for 'Tortall')

All of them have a female main character and they go in this order:
Alanna, Daine, Keladry, Alianne (Aly), Bekah

(I haven't read the Bekah Cooper ones yet, but they are the most recent to come out so I imagine they would be best read after the others) :)

Cari Hislop said...

I read most of The Poems of Catullus (it sounds Sci-fi but it's Roman poetry). Actually it would be rather interesting if someone turned the poems into a sci-fi novel...it's getting late...can you tell?

I actually have a big thick book I bought the other week sitting on my desk. When I open it I'm going to laugh and cry, but I'm waiting for the right moment. It's a book of letters from prison mostly to the man's wife. I love reading about real people. Especially weird and bizarre people. They make the best story-fodder! ;)

...

Related Posts with Thumbnails